Harris sees more to come

Salford's new head coach Iestyn Harris warned that there is more to come after watching his side claim a 38-24 victory at Bradford.

The Red Devils scored seven tries to the Bulls' four and, having been briefly behind midway through the first half, always seemed to have enough in hand to ensure only their second win in six games.

Harris, who took over from Brian Noble at the beginning of the week, had just four training sessions with his new side and said: "Obviously really happy to get the win - that was important in the first game as Bradford are a difficult side at home.

"There's a lot of areas we need to improve in as we go on but there were some half decent signs and we need to make sure we work on them to move forward.

"We've adjusted some things already but there is no magic wand in rugby league - it's about getting into good habits consistently, both defensively and offensively."

It was Bradford's fifth successive Super League defeat and leaves them rooted to the foot of the table, still two points adrift of London Broncos but Harris, a former Bulls captain who played alongside the Odsal outfit's boss Francis Cummins when at Leeds, had some encouraging words for them.

"They are a resilient side and all the games I've watched them in this season they've got a bit of steel about them," he said.

"They've been through a lot off the field this season (administration and a points deduction) and inevitably that brings you together and you can see that unity within that group."

Cummins was less charitable and said: "We are three good plays on and then one off. Both in attack and defence.

"We are good in spells but our concentration is not good enough. - we kept coming up with silly errors. We gave them cheap ball and bought blatant dummies.

"Salford have some great individuals who are capable of unlocking a defence and we made it too easy for them."

Salford struck first through a Jake Mullaney try but the Bulls hit back swiftly with Adrian converted Purtell score which briefly gave them a 6-4 lead.

The Red Devils then grabbed three tries in 13 minutes before the break to go in 16 points ahead and, although Bradford refused to lie down, they could only match their opponents try for try in the second half so were always at least two scores behind.