Hull's Maguire bid accepted
Hull City have had their bid for promising Sheffield United defender Harry Maguire accepted, according to the League 1 club.
The towering centre-back, 21, attracted offers from Wolves earlier in the summer but United stood firm before 'reluctantly' accepting the approach from Hull.
United managing director Mal Brannigan, told the club's official website: "We made it clear that we wanted Harry to stay by offering him a new contract at the end of last season, unfortunately he and his representatives chose a different path.
"However, as he is under contract at Bramall Lane, we exercised our right to set our own valuation of him and after numerous bids which did not meet our expectations, Hull City increased their offer and we have reluctantly accepted.
"As we have previously stated, Sheffield United are not under pressure to sell our players but on this occasion it was deemed the best for all parties and now we move on with the aim of assisting Nigel Clough to strengthen his squad."
The change of heart appears to be news to Hull City who had switched their attentions to other targets after having their 'final offer' for Maguire rejected by United last week.
In a statement on their website, the Premier League side said: "Sheffield United rejected an offer from the club five days (Wednesday) ago for defender Harry Maguire.
"This was the club's final offer and we have since entered into discussions with other transfer targets.
"In light of Sheffield United's statement this morning the board will meet with manager Steve Bruce this afternoon to determine whether we now wish to pursue the transfer after the South Yorkshire club's apparent u-turn."
Maguire could become City's fourth major summer signing after Bruce splashed out on Robert Snodgrass and Jake Livermore and snapped up Tom Ince on a free transfer.