Konan given Hannover warning
Didier Ya Konan has been warned time is running out for him to sign a new contract with Bundesliga club Hannover 96.
Konan is currently in Brazil for Ivory Coast's World Cup campaign and Hannover sporting director Dirk Dufner admits there are no guarantees their offer of a new deal will remain on the table.
The 29-year-old is out of contract at the HDI Arena at the end of June and has been told the club are already exploring other options, while reports in Germany have linked him with a move to Bundesliga rivals Hertha Berlin.
Konan has scored 37 goals in his 117 appearances for the Bundesliga club but could be available on a Bosman free transfer in a weeks' time.
\"We have spoken to Didier Ya Konan and we have told him we are intensively looking at other options,\" Dufner told BILD.
\"Signing a new contract could then be too late for him. He needs to be aware there is a big chance we will decide to sign another player.\"
So far in Brazil Konan has made one substitute appearance but could feature in Tuesday's clash against Greece, which could see the Ivory Coast secure a place in the round of 16.