Kopczak given Wales green light
Controversial forward Craig Kopczak has been cleared to play for Wales in Saturday's international against France in Lens.
The 25-year-old's future at club level is uncertain after he quit Bradford on the eve of their final game of the Stobart Super League season and Wales feared the current impasse would threaten his chances of representing his country.
However, Rugby Football League director Blake Solly confirmed that Kopczak will be free to play for Wales, regardless of the outcome of an investigation into his walk-out at the Bulls.
Solly said the governing body clarified the situation, particularly over the question of insurance, with Wales Rugby League today ahead of their get-together in Ewloe, Flintshire.
Kopczak, who missed Wales' mid-season defeat by France through injury, is one of their senior players and is thought to be a candidate to take on the captaincy for the games against France and England.
Kopczak terminated his contract of employment with Bradford shortly after the takeover by local restaurant owner Omar Khan and is thought to have been offered a lucrative deal with Super League rivals Huddersfield.
That sparked an RFL investigation which Solly says is nearing a conclusion.
"We are waiting on the investigation report," he said.
"Final witnesses were interviewed last week and it should be with us today."
New Bulls head coach Francis Cummins says the uncertainty is holding up his rebuilding plans for the 2013 season.
"The situation is holding up money in the budget but it's also holding up other players so they're being affected by it too," he told the Bradford Telegraph and Argus.
"I'm not able to make a decision on people I'd like to be honest with and I'd like to keep."