Masterstroke set for break
Masterstroke is "unlikely" to run again this season after his fine run when third in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at Longchamp on Sunday.
Trainer Andre Fabre will consult Sheikh Mohammed about plans for the Godolphin-owned colt but the French handler expects the three-year-old to be preserved for next year.
Masterstroke has won four of his seven races, but the Arc was his first start in the highest company.
Fabre said: "We will see what Sheikh Mohammed says, but I think it would be unlikely that he will run again this year.
"He ran a very solid race, he got through the ground well.
"We haven't previously talked about the Breeders' Cup or Japan or anything so I can't see it."
Fabre's second runner in the Arc, Meandre, fared less well and trailed home 12th of the 18 runners.
"Meandre just didn't fire at all," said Fabre.
"I'll see if anything shows up, but he just had no gas right from the beginning.
"The ground might have jaded him but the jockey (Maxime Guyon) said he knew very early he wouldn't win."
Hello, regular commenting on Orange News and Sport pages closes on Thursday 30 May 2013. We will continue to provide a commenting facility on major news and sport events on orangeworld.co.uk. Contact us via http://oran.ge/OWfeedback if you have any further questions. Thanks.