Players warned after robbery
Australia's World Cup players have been warned to watch out for thieves during their stay in the north of England.
The warning comes after an un-named member of their 24-man squad was robbed on the group's first night in Manchester.
The Kangaroos management are investigating the incident, which occurred after some members of the team went to a nightclub on Tuesday night following their arrival from Sydney.
A spokesman for the tourists said an Australian player had lost some money in suspicious circumstances and that the police had been informed, although it is unlikely the matter will be taken further due to "the practicalities of it all".
The Kangaroos will move their base on Tuesday to Cardiff to finalise preparations for their opening World Cup game against England at the Millennium Stadium on Saturday week.
NRL game development manager Andrew Hill said a warning had been issued by coach Tim Sheens and team management to the Australian squad.
"The players have been warned of a sting which targets partygoers in the Manchester area after a player lost a sum of money in suspicious circumstances," Hill said.
"The incident is being looked at further by team management and the police have been advised, although it is still being determined whether a formal complaint will be made."
Meanwhile, the players trained at Wigan's training ground at Orrell on Thursday.
Australia have opted not to play a warm-up match but Sheens and the rest of the coaching staff will watch England's friendly against Italy at Salford on Saturday.