sport

Prospects "remote" for Ludlow

Ludlow's jumps meeting on Thursday is under threat from frost, with an inspection called for 8am on Wednesday.

Although the course was raceable on Tuesday, with the going described as soft, temperatures are set to dip ahead of the fixture.

"We've got frost forecast tonight and the temperatures we are forecast are for it stay below freezing effectively," said clerk of the course Bob Davies.

"If the forecast is right we will struggle. It is forecast to be -3C tonight and a maximum of -1C tomorrow.

"With those temperatures, the chances are remote. We need it to rise above what is forecast."