Punchestown officials remain hopeful of racing going ahead on Thursday despite Wednesday's fixture being lost to waterlogging.
Thursday's card hinges on an 8am inspection and weather permitting will comprise of eight races.
The programme is set to host the Buck House Novice Chase and the Star 'Best for Racing Coverage' Chase.
A third Grade Three is the Ryan's Cleaning Events Specialists Hurdle while a fourth, the Grabel Mares Hurdle, has been switched from the lost card and has been added in as the first race on the card at 1.45pm.
"We are hopeful for tomorrow. The rain that fell last night and today put paid to today's chances, but it is due to stop and when that happens it gives us an opportunity to deal with any areas we have concerns," racecourse manager Richie Galway told At the Races.
"Tomorrow is a slightly better day and I'd be hopeful we'll be able to race if the forecast is correct.
"If we get a dry start to tomorrow we can deal with any problems, though the ground will be heavy we'd be hopeful we could race.
"We have already dealt with some areas where water was lying this morning.
"There might be some places where we will be able to move rails and we will do that as we meet it.
"We've got lots of space and as it's the first meeting of the season there is fresh ground everywhere. We will do whatever we can to get one of the two days on.
"It is unusual to be starting racing in October with ground as heavy as this.
"We have added an eighth race tomorrow to try and salvage the graded mares hurdle, so we start at 1.45."