Redknapp confident of Bale stay
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is confident Gareth Bale will remain at the club this summer if they fail to secure a Champions League spot.
Spurs looked odds-on to finish inside the top four in the Premier League at the turn of the year, but a recent poor run has seen then win only two of their last 10 league fixtures.
Bale, 22, has long been linked with a move to European giants Barcelona, and it was reported on Saturday he would consider leaving White Hart Lane were he not playing in the Champions League next year, something Redknapp has played down.
"He has got to worry about that at the end of the year," he said.
"He has got a long contract at the club, I don't think he will be going anywhere, he isn't going to find too many better clubs than Tottenham."
QPR boss Mark Hughes, who moved to the Nou Camp as a youngster, said last week he did not feel Bale was ready to move abroad and Redknapp echoed those sentiments following Spurs' 2-0 win over Blackburn.
Redknapp said: "I don't think he is a boy to go abroad at the moment.
"The first opportunity he gets he goes home to his family in Wales so I don't think he is a boy who would be suited to go abroad at this stage of his career.
"I think this is a great club for him to be at and you can't be letting Gareth Bale go, he is the future of the club."
The 65-year-old Redknapp believes Bale would remain at the club even if he were to depart in the summer to take over as manager of England.
"I think the chairman would want to keep him and you need to keep your best players," he said.
"We need to strengthen the squad in the summer there is no doubt about that, two or three quality players if you want to push on next year and mount a challenge."