RFU charge Knoyle and Puafisi

Gloucester pair Tavis Knoyle and Sila Puafisi will face an RFU disciplinary panel after being charged with offences during last weekend's Premiership match at Kingsholm.

Knoyle has been charged with striking Bath forward Leroy Houston while Puafisi faces a charge for committing a dangerous high tackle on full-back Nick Abendanon.

Tighthead prop Puafisi and scrum-half Knoyle were both sent-off by referee Tim Wigglesworth.

The hearings will take place on Wednesday at the London Bloomsbury Holiday Inn before a panel comprising of RFU Head of Rugby Judiciary Sir James Dingemans, Jeremy Summers and Liz Riley.

In addition, Abendanon and Paul James have been given post-match level one citings - the equivalent of a foul play yellow card. No hearings will be held for these citings.

Gloucester ended the game with 11 players as, following separate incidents, centre Mike Tindall and hooker Huia Edmonds were sin-binned.

Bath also had three players yellow-carded - Carl Fearns, Matt Garvey and Dave Attwood - before sealing an 18-17 victory with a converted 79th-minute penalty try.

And Gloucester are continuing to liaise with the RFU following the club's investigation into the throwing of an empty soft drinks bottle close to the tunnel area as match officials left the field after the final whistle.

Wigglesworth appeared to have been targeted as he walked down the tunnel while being escorted from the pitch after the final whistle.

Gloucester have investigated the matter using CCTV footage, with an object apparently thrown from seats occupied by a group of teenage boys on an escorted rugby tour.

A statement issued by Gloucester reads: "The individuals were on a day out, which included watching the game, and were accompanied by their school teachers.

"The individual concerned has admitted to the act and is extremely remorseful about his actions.

"Gloucester Rugby would like to stress that the individual involved is neither a member nor regular supporter of the club."

RFU chief executive Ian Ritchie said: "The RFU are looking at the video and what went on and we have an independent disciplinary process.

"It will go through the right independent judicial process. I do not interfere with what happens in that process."