Sinclair buzzing for Bernabeu
Scott Sinclair is excited to be travelling to Real Madrid just over a fortnight after leaving Swansea for Manchester City.
The 23-year-old winger made his City debut in Saturday's 1-1 draw at Stoke after joining the Premier League champions on last month's transfer deadline day.
He does not know if he will retain his place in the side for Tuesday night's mouthwatering Champions League opener at the Bernabeu, but he is beaming just to be involved at such a level.
Sinclair said: "It's a great draw. I watched the draw and everyone is looking forward to going out to the Bernabeu.
"This is why I came here - to play with the best and be in a world-class team.
"I don't know if I'll play - I've just made my debut and all I can do now is concentrate on the next game, and on training every day, and give 100%.
"I am just looking forward to playing any games, to be honest, whether it's my City debut in the Premier League or a Champions League game. All I can do is try to make an impact."
Sinclair began his professional career at Chelsea but failed to force his way into the side at Stamford Bridge and went out on a series of loans, with spells at Plymouth, QPR, Charlton, Crystal Palace, Birmingham and Wigan.
He left permanently for Swansea two years ago and finally put down some roots in the game as he helped the Welsh side win promotion and then make a big impact in the top flight last season.
Now he is back with a club playing at the highest level and he never doubted he had the ability to return there.
Sinclair said: "After leaving Chelsea I had to go out and play games. I went on loan loads of times, and then I went to Swansea and found my feet, and it was great for me to play every week.
"But it was always in my mind that I would be back to play at a top club.
"I am here now and will be working every day to stay here.
"It comes down to mental strength and not listening to anybody else."
Sinclair's progress was underlined in the summer as he earned a place in the Great Britain squad for the London 2012 Olympics.
He was linked with City throughout the summer and a reported £6.2million - rising to a possible £8million - deal to take him was finally concluded on the last day of August.
Sinclair said: "I had a lack of chances at Chelsea, and there were different managers coming in every other year.
"It's very difficult when you are 18 or 19 to be up and coming and play week in, week out at Chelsea.
"I have progressed and I'm 23 now, with a lot of experience, and I aim to show that and kick on by improving off all the world-class players here at City.
"Everyone will be rotated, so it's down to the manager's choice.
"All I can do is work hard in training and wait to get the nod again."
Playing at the Bernabeu would give Sinclair the chance to show Real Madrid's former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho what he can do having had only limited opportunity under him in London.
But the main opportunity is one for City, to prove they can belong among such elite company as Real and their other high-calibre group opponents, Ajax and Borussia Dortmund.
Sinclair said: "People are calling it the group of death, but all we can do is take each game as it comes."