Super Sarries cruise into last eight

Saracens booked a quarter-final berth in the Heineken Cup by beating Connacht, while Ulster booked a home tie after sinking Leicester.

Sarries crushed Connacht 64-6 to make sure of their place in the quarter-finals.

However, Toulouse finished top of Pool Three - leaving Saracens qualifying as one of the best two runners-up and facing a difficult away tie in the next round.

Saracens scored 11 tries through David Strettle (3), Chris Ashton (2), Alex Goode, Chris Wyles, Jackson Wray, George Kruis, Neil De Kock, and Schalk Brits. Had Charlie Hodgson not missed eight difficult kicks, the hosts would have won by an even bigger margin

South African Ruan Pienaar was the hero as Ulster clinched a quarter-final home tie with a brilliant 22-19 victory at Leicester.

The scrum-half scored all Ulster's points in an epic battle at Welford Road to ensure his side finished top of Pool Five with six wins from six matches.

Pienaar scored a try, kicked the conversion and landed five penalties, including two monsters from inside his own half, in the final pool match.

The Tigers, who will have to travel in the quarter-finals after their first home defeat in the competition since 2006-07, scored a try through winger Niall Morris and fly-half Toby Flood converted and also slotted four penalties.

Toulouse wrapped up their pool campaign with an unconvincing 16-6 victory over whipping-boys Zebre to leave their hopes of a home quarter-final in the balance.

Already assured of a place in the last eight going into the match at the Stadio XXV Aprile, Toulouse needed a win and the bonus point to guarantee an April date in front of their own fans.

The visitors, however, could only manage one try against Zebre who had conceded 194 points in losing all five of their previous pool matches.

An all-star Toulon side spearheaded by Jonny Wilkinson rocketed into the quarter-finals with a 15-8 victory over a resolute Glasgow outfit.

The French team led 6-3 at half-time thanks to two penalties from their captain, and Wilkinson slotted over three more times after the interval to see the visitors over the line.

Glasgow, whose only first-half points came courtesy of a Ruaridh Jackson penalty, attempted a late comeback and scored a try through Chris Fusaro, but failed to capitalise on their pressure in the closing stages.

Cardiff Blues wound up their campaign in losing fashion at the Arms Park as Exeter claimed a European home and away double over them this season 19-13.

Despite coming unstuck, though, the Blues might still have done enough - depending on Sunday's results - to claim a quarter-final place as one of three Heineken qualifiers for the second-tier Amlin Challenge Cup.

Gareth Steenson booted the already-eliminated Chiefs to a 19-13 victory kicking 14 points, including the conversion of lock Dave Armand's early try.

Wales wing Alex Cuthbert touched down for the Blues, with Leigh Halfpenny kicking two penalties and a conversion, and the Welsh side must now wait to see whether or not a losing bonus point will be enough with regard to their Amlin aspirations

Montpellier completed their campaign with a comfortable 24-6 victory over Benetton Treviso in the battle between the bottom two sides in Pool Five at the Stade Yves-du-Manoir.