Third inspection for Ayr
Officials at Ayr will hold a further inspection of the track at 11.30am to determine whether racing can go ahead this afternoon.
It will be the third check, after conditions were assessed on Wednesday afternoon and again this morning.
Clerk of the course Emma Marley said: "We are going to have another look later in the morning.
"We can't make a decision at the moment, it was minus 1C and minus 2C overnight but we are forecast a nice dry sunny day, with the potential for 5C.
"That leads us to hope that with a start time for racing of 2.20 we will be able to go ahead."