Weather a threat to Wincanton
Wincanton's National Hunt meeting on Sunday is in doubt due to the threat of waterlogging.
Clerk of the course Barry Johnson has called an 8am precautionary inspection for Saturday but the ground is already heavy and up to 30millimetres of rain could still fall.
"It's raining here now and while we are perfectly raceable at the moment there is a lot more forecast," said Johnson.
"It's starting to get heavy now and while we could take anything up to another 10mm, if we were to get the 20-30mm that is forecast we'd be struggling.
"There's just been no let-up all winter and we're getting to the stage where we've used every inch of the track.
"We'll have a look at 8am on Saturday and see where we are."