World title shot for Murray
Martin Murray has confirmed he will fight Sergio Martinez for the WBC middleweight title in Argentina on April 27.
The St Helens fighter has been rewarded for his win over Jorge Navarro last month for the WBA interim belt.
Murray's previous world title shot ended in disappointment when he controversially drew with Felix Sturm in 2011, and promoter Ricky Hatton believes it could be second time lucky for the 30-year-old.
"These are very exciting times for Martin," said Hatton. "It has been a work in progress for him.
"I am very proud of the job Hatton Promotions have done with him.
"I think that it is a credit to Hatton Promotions for making make such fights for him. We have come a long way in a short space of time."
Martinez, who was held the WBC title since 2010, has defeated both Darren Barker and Matthew Macklin and won a unanimous points decision over Julio Cesar Chavez Jr in his previous fight.
Meanwhile, Hatton also revealed Scott Quigg will make the first defence of his WBA interim super-bantamweight crown early next year.
The Bury boxer captured the vacant belt with an impressive sixth-round stoppage of Rendall Munroe.
"Rendall has been one of the flag bearers of British boxing and an exceptional professional who I have enjoyed promoting and being around," said Hatton.
"But Scott was on another level at the weekend and there are so many big money fights ahead."